1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTFS and delpart.exe

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by onely, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onely

onely Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to get rid of NTFS and do a fresh winxp install. Can you tell me how depart.exe works? do I just put it on the boot disk, run it and then create a new partiton. Thank you.

Irene

2. codexaenir

codexaenir

depart???

If you want to reinstall windows... boot from the windows cd, then format the disk. Then it will install.

3. onely

onely Thread Starter

Hello,

I spelled it wrong its delpart.

I am trying to talk mt daughter through this install over the phone..She had a virus so we decided to re install because we could not get windows to run..Now it still won't run..Booting from the CD starts but then the blue screen says Windows has detected an errpr and will be shut down to avoid damage to your computer. After going over a few things last night it seems she has too many drives. A, B,C,D,E. So I gues what we formated is only part of the drive. Her computer must have had partitions which she was not aware of. Now I am thinking I need to run partition magic but I really don't know how especially when we can't get it running. Very hard to do over the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Irene

4. Hairy

Hairy

hi onely

easier than Delpart....go to the manufacturer of your hard drives site and download the utility to restore the hard drive to factory new condition.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice