1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTFS data drive suddenly RAW

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by don_1953, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. don_1953

don_1953 Thread Starter

I have a Windows 10 computer, upgraded from Windows 7. I have thee SATA drives, operating system is an SSD drive, my E: drive (2 TB) is for photo storage, I have a second data drive, my F: drive. which is a 1 TB drive.
    They all connect the motherboard via SATA cables, none of them are external.
    This morning, Windows can not access my F: drive (I get a message "Drive is inaccessible"
    Disk Management shows the F: drive as "healthy" says that it is formatted RAW.

any idea what would cause this? I have a ton of data on that drive, I'd hate to lose it.

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, hoping for some help

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  3. don_1953

don_1953 Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestion, I installed the trial version.
    It has been running for several hours. At the top of the EaseUS Data Recover window, it shows "Scanning Bad Sectors, Please wait (this might take some time)
    it is executing a Deep Scan, I can see a progreass bar that has barely moved, and a timer, showing just over 2 and a half hours.
    The "Scanning Bad Sectors, Please wait (this might take some time) keeps popping up, like it's continually restarting
    Is this normal behavior? Is this because it is a trial version?

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I would let it continue to run. The deep scan takes a long time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice