NTFS data drive suddenly RAW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

don_1953

I have a Windows 10 computer, upgraded from Windows 7. I have thee SATA drives, operating system is an SSD drive, my E: drive (2 TB) is for photo storage, I have a second data drive, my F: drive. which is a 1 TB drive.
They all connect the motherboard via SATA cables, none of them are external.
This morning, Windows can not access my F: drive (I get a message "Drive is inaccessible"
Disk Management shows the F: drive as "healthy" says that it is formatted RAW.

any idea what would cause this? I have a ton of data on that drive, I'd hate to lose it.

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, hoping for some help

don_1953

thanks for the suggestion, I installed the trial version.
It has been running for several hours. At the top of the EaseUS Data Recover window, it shows "Scanning Bad Sectors, Please wait (this might take some time)
it is executing a Deep Scan, I can see a progreass bar that has barely moved, and a timer, showing just over 2 and a half hours.
The "Scanning Bad Sectors, Please wait (this might take some time) keeps popping up, like it's continually restarting
Is this normal behavior? Is this because it is a trial version?

dmccoy

Darrin
I would let it continue to run. The deep scan takes a long time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online