1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTFS drive is corrupted...how to restore...?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobb4ku, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobb4ku

bobb4ku Thread Starter

C:=80GB ... 60GB XP ....20GB Linux
    G:=200GB

My backup drive (200GB) became corrupt the other day and I'm trying to figure out how
    to restore it. In the past, normally when this happened in the past I would run a recover program and then store those files on my third HD...but the third HD crashed a couple of months ago. So now I'm left with trying to recover 120GB of data from the 200GB and put it on the remaining 60GB partition of XP....follow?

Here is my question, the 200GB drv was formatted as NTFS but is now listed as RAW within
    My Computer...is the MFT for that drive corrupt? If so, is there a way to restore? I dont have
    the means to buy another HD at this time. What would be the most efficient way to recover?
    Thanks in advance. :)

2. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice