ntkrnlmp.exe file in-game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HeartIllusion

Jeny
For a while now I've been experiencing the blue screen error, it would only occur when,
1. I was in-game. Such as Overwatch
and 2. My laptop had to be charging.

I'd be fine if I was in-game without my laptop charging and I'd be fine if my laptop was charging and not in-game.
I analyzed the minidumps and the error is 'ntkrnlmp.exe'.
I had a suspicion it'd be the amount of USB things plugged in, but I removed my headset and left the mouse and the charger. This worked for awhile but recently the same error.
I had a feeling it could but my charger overall but 'ntkrnlmp.exe' is to do with ram or some sort.

My installed ram is 8.00 GB and 7.89 GB that's usable.
My processor is an Intel Core i7-6700GQ CPU @ 2.60Hz 2.59GHz (If this is relevant)

I would much appropriate any help or advice, I've been trying all options and can't seem to find a proper fix.

dmccoy

Darrin
That is usually related to your video card driver. Have you tried updating it? Please perform the following:

Speccy
http://filehippo.com/download_speccy
1. File > Save Snapshot. This will create a file called [hostname].speccy
2. File > Publish Snapshot. This saves your snapshot to our servers
3 Paste the link to your next Reply

dmccoy

Darrin
The provides a lot of details about your system that is helpful in troubleshooting. Your ip address shown is only a local ip so it doesn't really provide any information. You will see many people on here post these results so it is not uncommon. If you like you can save as a text file and edit the information you do not want to show before uploaded. If you do a text file make sure to remove the OS key.

dmccoy

Darrin
Please download and Run the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso

http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe

1. Run program as Administrator
2.. Under Select log to query
3. select System
4. Under Select type to list
Select:
* Error
* Warning
Choose the Number of events as follows:
Click on umber of events
Type 20 in the box (1 to 20)
Click the Run button (Notepad will open the log)
upload files to next reply
Rename to SystemLog.txt or it will be overwritten

Run these steps again Except at step 3.
Select Application
Rename log file to ApplicationLog.txt
Upload or Paste to next reply

dmccoy

Darrin
When testing for WHEA hardware errors we need to systematically check CPU, GPU, RAM and drive. Once the bios is reset and there is no overclocking.

Have you updated to the latest Chipset drivers and Bios version. If not, please do that. Have you tested without the external GPU enabled?

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump and drag the contents to your desktop. If the minidump folder is not there or empty there may be a larger DMP file located at C:\WINDOWS called MEMORY.DMP which we can also use. If you have minidumps use them FIRST, andonly upload the full dump file (MEMORY.DMP) if there are no minidumps. The full memory.dmp is quite large so it is best to use file sharing such as dropbox, Google drive, etc and post the link.

Last edited:

dmccoy

Darrin
Your logs point to the nvidia video card being the issue. Please disable and set you integrated GPU to be default. Then re-run the Event Vew Tool steps.

HeartIllusion

Jeny
I managed to update those drivers. However I'm completely inexperienced with anything to do with most things based on errors like this. I tried my best following your steps but I feel like I've done a poor job. I wasn't able to find the dump file (MEMORY.DMP), my minidump folder is empty, I'm confused on all the whole nvidia thing and what I'm supposed to do and bringing my GPU to be default. I honestly feel kind of bad since you are wasting time on me.
Would you be able to contact me via call? I would maybe understand better. But only if you want to.

Attachments

dmccoy

Darrin
Okay. Are you using CCleaner or a similar that may be erasing the minidump files?

HeartIllusion

Jeny
I don't have CCleander installed. If it'll be helpful I can get hold of a minidump file.

dmccoy

Darrin
Yes, if you have the minidump. However, I think it is going to point to same issue with the Video card driver. We just have to find the best one to work with your system.

Let's start by accessing the bios and disabling the external video card. You should have an option somewhere under Video settings. If you have issues then post picture.

I forgot to address your question about calling. This is not allowed on this forum or any that I know about. We have to continue to work through the forum.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online