1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTL Broadband info req'd

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by komputerman, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. komputerman

komputerman Thread Starter

Just wondering if anyone can offer any opinions on NTL Broadband? I'm with AOL6 at the moment and NTL are offering me their broadband service for 25.00 a month which will be only 4 pounds more than AOL when you consider that I will no longer need two phone lines.
    Also,does anyone know if the NTL broadband service will get any slower if it is successful and they gain many thousands of subscribers,or is broadband really fast regardless of how many people subscribe to it?
    :confused:

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Not being from the UK, I cannot offer any advice on the quality of thier service, but I can offer this about cable modem service, if it is setup right by the provider, even when a large number of people in the local subnet is on, you should still get about 500k of speed. And believe me 500k is nothing to sneeze about. I would not give back my dsl for anything. The can have my cable tv service first :D

Dslreports does have a forum for UK Broadband. You might want to drop by and ask some of your country men about this company, surely somebody there has had dealing with them.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ukbb

3. theMusicMan

theMusicMan

Hey komputerman,

This gets the big thumbs up from me. I was paying the aditional £10.00 per month for the additional line then free 0800 access to the net etc, but as you rightly point out, for £25.00 you get an always on 500K connection.

I love it - only problem now is that I don't get enough sleep.

ntl say that they do not support Cable on XP, hmmmm, this is what I am running!

There are useful files on their ntlworld pages for yo uto browse through, and you will need to download a patch. After this, no problems.

Happy to go into more detail if you like - PM me by all means.

John
    :D

4. komputerman

komputerman Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your comments,unfortunately a couple of days after I posted that question I developed a problem which I don't really know is an aol or a computer problem!!
    I need to get that sorted out before I go for the NTL broadband service.
    If you are interested in my problem(!!),you will see my postings,they are near the top of the page(Wednesday).
    Thanks again for your replies.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice