1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ntldr Ahhhhh

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bouloux29, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bouloux29

bouloux29 Thread Starter

I have a dell d600 laptop which i decided to upgrade the storage capacity of recently. I bought a Samsung spinstar 80gb hard drive and did everything as you’d expect(formatted it in ntfs); I then wanted to see what windoiws vista is like and installed it on my new drive (crappy beta) and once i'd had my fun with that i set about moving my stuff from the previous drive; after formatting this time however the ntldr message became apparent on bootup;after a while I used Norton ghost to clone my hard drive onto this new one. Now, once again the hard drive has this problem after I formatted for a new windows installation;again ntldr is missing please reboot. I also formatted my previous drive to be a extra storage for me (both were formatted in windows from external enclosure, does this matter?) and have the same message come up when i use it in the laptop.When i try and boot through my windows cd it works but onlyif the hard drive is unconnected, and obviously the installer can only go so far without a hard drive. I know this is heavily addressed elsewhere on the net but there are so many fixes for different specific causes, and I don’t know what the cause is specifically yet. I checked the hard drives on my bros machine and the same error comes up when they are used as primary boot drives so I don’t think its anything machine specific rather a hard drive problem, but I’m wondering about the coincidence of the two having exactly the same problem almost simultaneously (could this be due to the cloning?) I have checked both drives on a third party computer with the enclosure, reformatted them and checked for errors through storage manager in control panel; I’m wondering what to do next.
    Any help is appreciated

2. bigbear

bigbear

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice