1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTLDR is compressed.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by oneillsds, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneillsds

oneillsds Thread Starter

Hi, I went through system restore on my windows xp h.e. because my comp had to of had a lot of trojans or something, but anyways I thought that system restore was the best way to go so i did so. Then at the end of system restore it said to click 'restart' to complet restoration and well i did so and soon after it restarted a black screen with the words '' NTLDR is compressed. Press ctrl+alt+dlt to restart came up. I did just that, but this message comes up every time! Please, someone help me on this.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. maxmelbin

maxmelbin

If you have compressed your hard disk drive by using the Compress drive to save disk space option under the Properties menu for your hard disk drive and have performed a non-destructive recovery or a system recovery, you may see the following error message:

NTLDR is compressed. Press CRTL-ALT-DEL to restart.

This error message is resolved by following these steps:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, select Shut Down, and then select Restart.

Press F8 repeatedly when you see the first logo screen during startup.

If the Windows Advanced Option menu does not open, then u need to use an Xp cd to enter recovery console .

From the Windows Advanced Option menu, use the keyboard arrow keys to select Return to OS Choices Menu and then press Enter.

Using the arrow keys, select Microsoft Windows Recovery Console and then press Enter.

Enter the appropriate number for the WINDOWS installation, for example, the WINDOWS installation could be listed as 3: C:\WINDOWS or 3: D:\WINDOWS.

If prompted, enter your Administrator password and press Enter. If there is no password, just press Enter.

At the prompt, if the WINDOWS installation you selected in previous step was C:\WINDOWS, type:

cd c:\

Or, if the WINDOWS installation you selected was D:\WINDOWS, type:

cd d:\

At the prompt, type:

attrib -c ntldr

and then press Enter.

At the prompt, type: exit

Press the Enterkey and immediately remove all discs or diskettes from the computer to allow the computer to restart.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice