1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"NTLDR is Missing" when booting Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by amagab, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amagab

amagab Thread Starter

I have a laptop without floppy and no CD-ROM drive. It used to run Windows 98 but is compatible to run Windows 2000 as well. After formatting the hard drive I wanted to install Windows 2000 so since I didn't have a CD-ROM drive I popped the HD into my other laptop and installed Windows 2000 successfully. However, when I put it back into my intended laptop I got the error message "NTLDR is Missing" - Press any key to reboot.

What does that mean? HOW DO I FIX IT?

How come it can boot on one laptop but not the other?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!