1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTLDR is missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lostchild83, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostchild83

lostchild83 Thread Starter

Good morning everyone,

I'm running into a little trouble here... my domain controllers recently crashed and now is showing a "NTLDR is missing" error. That's not the weird part, the weirdest part is most of the workstations that were logged in to those domain controllers has their boot sequence files corrupted as well!!! I got off the phone with Trendmicro and scanned a workstation for viruses with no result. If i bring the domain controllers back up, would they re-sync the boot sequence files? (I don't think the domain controller has anything to do with the local boot sequence files?) Has anyone come across this problem? Any help/suggestion would be very appreciated!!! Thanks a lot!!!

2. Bootie

Bootie

Lostchild,

This is not a good message at all in my experience. I've been dealing with it a little bit here - twice in the past 3 weeks and I've had to replace the hard drives on both PC's where I was getting the message. You can read some troubleshooting tips about that message from Microsoft's site here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318728

In my 2 cases, it appears that both PCs had damaged hard drives. I tried all the options in the above link, and then tried booting from my Win2K disk and reformatting the hard drive. Even reformatting didn't work - I got a message stating it couldn't be formatted because the disk was damaged.

I had to purchase a new hard drive and install a fresh OS on it. Same thing for both PCs.

Good luck.

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice