NTLDR problem with no floppy drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shonuff5

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart.. This is the message i get when trying to install xp.

Well the problem here guys is that i forgot my admin pw to my bios so i can tell the computer to boot from the cd-rom. This is a laptop issue and ive heard that there is a button to bipass this problem on all laptops. I dont know how true it is but was hoping someone could shed some light. My laptop also did not come with a floppy drive so i cant try to use a 98 boot disk to install xp either . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you in advance.

BTW i erased the entire partition so i have nothing without being able to get into the bios. My laptop is a prostar and its model number is D87P.

They are talking about a reset buttom, or jumper (on the MB) - you will probably have to open the case of the laptop - sorry...
Pull the cmos battery from the MB for 15 minutes. That will return everything to factory specs and erase the BIOs password.

shonuff5

Thn for your reply. Can you tell me where the cmos battery is are what screws do i take out? Also, do you know of any backdoor way to the cmos? Any special button i can press at startup etc?

Hope this helps you

Ref.: TM-0391

Model: 8794/D87P

Date: Mar 16, 2004

Default BIOS Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow the steps below to sets up the System BIOS settings. This is basic settings

for 8794/D87P series at Production.

Step1. Press “F2” while booting the computer

Step2. Sets default settings:

Exit → Load Setup Default

Step3. Sets the current Time and Date:

Startup → Date and Time

Step4. Set Bootable Device from CD-ROM drive as followed:

Startup → Boot Device

- 1st Boot device = CD-ROM Drive

- 2nd Boot Deice = Hard Disk C

- 3rd Boot Device = Diskette A

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online