1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ntldr

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ddude58, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ddude58

Ddude58 Thread Starter

Can anybody help me? I am running windows XP. I don't know what happen but when I booted up I got this error NTLDR. It said press ctrl, alt, delete to reset pc. I have done this so many times i'm ready to throw this pc out. I don't have much money and bought this pc used and is about 5 years old. Before this happen I had no problems what so ever. I really can't afford to buy another pc and need this for school work

. Thank you for any help you can give me
    David

2. Ddude58

Ddude58 Thread Starter

3. n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

-> If you have your original Windows XP CD, you can boot to the recovery console...

--> Insert your Windows XP CD, and power on your PC.
    --> Enter the BIOS (by pressing DEL or F1 or F2 when it says press <one of them> to enter Setup), the message may pass quickly so you have to do it quick...
    --> If done correctly, you should see a (most probably blue screen) with options, search through the options for boot order or boot device select and put the CD-ROM at the top of the boot order...
    ---> When you restart your computer, you will see a "Press any key to boot from CD.." message, so press ENTER at that screen to get to XP setup (NOTE: It passes quickly, if you miss it, reboot again...)
    ---> XP Setup Welcome screen is a blue screen, it will tell you to press ENTER to enter setup or press "R" to enter Recovery Console, so you press R...
    ---> It will then tell you to choose your Windows XP installation (which it will display in a list, choose it by its number - eg: type in 1 and press ENTER)..
    ---> It will ask for the Administrator password, if you have that as nothing, just press ENTER..
    --> You should get to a command line, type FIXBOOT and press ENTER, then FIXMBR and ENTER and respond Yes to the warning, then remove the XP CD and reboot...

--> Hopefully, your hard drive should boot normally if the problem were only concerned with NTLDR, as it could be a hard drive failure...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice