Ntoskrnl.exe missing/corrupt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Black Goku

i start my laptop and i get the error message windows\system\Ntoskrnl.exe missing/corrupt. After that the screen just goes blank and tries to re-boot.
Can anyone help? Im pretty good at computers but this thing is 2 much!

EDIT: The message dosent come up at all now!

Black Goku

I have read about it in the forums and found the soloution but I dont have a chance to access the computer

Is your computer set to boot off the cd-rom first? Its probably set to boot ffrom the hard drive first. You can change this in the bios

Black Goku

Ive changed the bios in this order
Optical Drive
Hard Drive
Floopy drive
Network Drive
It stiil dosent work! Im completely confused :(

Hmmm...ok when you boot up do you see:

"press *something* for boot menu?

That way you can defo know if its booting from the cd or not. It's also possible your copy of windows is scratched or your cd drive isnt working

Black Goku

No i dont. Well it isnt a windows Cd it is a recovery CD but should it work the same? Ive got a desktop aswell (the one im using now) and that has an original Windows Cd. Should it work?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online