1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ntoskrnl.exe Missing or Corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RedRabbit, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RedRabbit

RedRabbit Thread Starter

I have already searched the forums for this problem. After reading them i did not see any solution to the problem i am having with it. I can open up the recovery console with my winxp disc, but not long enough to fix the problem. My computer will shut down.
    I originally thought that it might have been an overheating issue, but i ran Sandra and all temps came up under 40 cel. I can not seem to keep my computer booted long enough to fix anything. It will stay booted as long as it is on the choice option of the Windows XP cd to install, repair or exit. As soon as the recovery console comes up and i try to open the boot.ini to check everything in there, or do anything else it will shut down.
    I am used to repairing comps, but have never ran into this problem before. Any help or suggestions would be great. I would like to not have to resort to a format and re-install if possible.

2. unbidden

unbidden

Just a suggestion.

You could be having a hardware problem. Unplug all peripheral devices, enter the BIOS and set it to user defaults; IOW 'not optimal' settings. Then try your fix. If all goes, add one device at a time and set the BIOS back to Optimal.

3. unbidden

unbidden

4. RedRabbit

RedRabbit Thread Starter

Thank for the help, turns out the HD was going bad. Pulled it out and stuck into another machine after doing all of your suggestions and was unable to read the info on it. Formatted and installed on a diff HD and machine runs fine now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!