1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NTSC to DVD-UK

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by laterunner, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laterunner

laterunner Thread Starter

Hi! Help & leads please.
    We have lent out; & haven't had returned, our video copies of ''Beyond the Clouds'' which we got from Channel 4. 1994. a documentry about the village of Lijiang China. We've just got back from visiting my son & family over there. So we're somewhat gutted.(n) :(

I've found two set packs on the web but they are in US. & Canada (by or through 'National Geographic' ) & can't be shipped here. They would be the wrong formate for UK. !!

If I could get my sister to get the set, could I get them transfered to DVD for use on my home player.
    or would it be better to have them on compatable video tape?
    What quality would be expected? Roughly how much would it cost me.?
    Thank you in antisipation of a favorable response

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Almost all PAL/UK setups these days will play NTSC DVDs. The problem most likely will be one of Region code, US= 1, UK= 2. Making DVDs Region free is not hard but uses procedures and software (all free) that can't be disscussed on these forums.

I have no clue as to whether VCR tapes will work, nor will any Commercial transfer businesses work with copyrighted material.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice