1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nTune Endeavors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bjamin244, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

Recently and stupidly, I experimented with nTune for overclocking. Unfortunately, after overclocking two items that I THOUGHT were my FSB speed and graphics card, my computer shut off. Ever since, my computer begins starting up and loads windows, fades black as if its about to enter and then restarts. I can't even get into safe mode. However, I turned off restart on stop and got the usual blue screen with a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and:

0x00000050 (0xE1BED000, 0x00000000, 0x80593649, 0x00000001)

I tried reinstalling XP, and TWICE got some sort of hardware error. I tried moving around my ram in the slots, and taking all out but one. That didn't help. Next I tried swapping out my graphics card ( I have an identical one lying around) and still no progress. What next?

Update:
    Reset CMOS, problem still continues.

My specs are:

Processor: P4 3.8 Ghz
    Motherboard: P5N32-SLI DELUXE
    Ram: 2 Gigs
    HD?: 160 HP drive
    Graphics: 7800 GT

I'm thinking it might be the power supply or something. Any suggestions? Thanks SO much in advance :).

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to enter the BIOS setup and reset the FSB and other settings you changed back to defaults. You could try changing those settings if you know which ones they are, or load the BIOS defaults, or use the Clear CMOS jumper to fully clear the CMOS settings.

3. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

I did load setup defaults, should I clear cmos too? I didn't see anything funny in BIOS about over clocking though, does nTune modify the bios?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yup, nTune changes the values in the BIOS. Try clearing the CMOS using the jumper.

5. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

Reset it, tried booting into safe mode, and once again a restart. What next? Please try and respond ASAP since that computer is my work computer :). Thanks again.

6. ProWFP

ProWFP

OMG! HOW DARE YOU PUT A P4 IN A P5N32!!! THATS LIKE SLAPPING YOUR MOM!

Yeah, I THINK! it might be your PSU, if a friend has a stronger one, convince him to let you test it on his PSU, or go to Geek Squad and let them charge you 238423479asndnasdnas2384237849$ for testing it, o_o.

7. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

I know, I know LOL I'm going to get an EE. But for now, my power supply has been working fine for the last 8 months or so. You really think it's the cause?

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you've already attempted a reinstall then the files may not have fully copied and you need to do another reinstall.

But, yes, it could be the power supply. DO you have access to another one to try, perhaps from the computer you are now using?

9. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

No, but if its a pretty sure diagnosis I can buy another. Even if its not I can return it within 14 days for a full refund.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Over the internet theres no way to give to a firm diagnosis, just suggestions.

Have you tried to rule out other things like memory or the hard drive? Test the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostics - available for download on their site. And test the memory with the Memtest86+: http://www.memtest.org/

11. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

Bought a new power supply, nothing. Ran memtest and it failed once on test 6 at adress 000385c1d38- 901 Good: efffffff Bad: ffffffff Error Bits: 1000000 Count: 1. Could that be enough to explain it?

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yup, any failure is bad. You may just need to increase the RAM voltage by .1 or .2 voltages or loosen up the RAM timings.

13. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

how can I do that lol.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Varies with all boards, but refer to the motherboard manual. There should be something about Advanced Chipset settings that should have voltages settings, and timings. Make sure the memory settings are set to Auto or SPD, ands the memory is running at 200/400Mhz.

15. Bjamin244

Bjamin244 Thread Starter

Well first off, what exactly does the error mean? I was in need of a new hard drive so I ordered one as well as sending my mobo back to asus(because the second sli slot is defective). All this really leaves is the processor and memory. Anyway it could be the processor?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice