Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuance PDF Forms to Adobe PDF Forms

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  LysaYasha 
#1 ·
I need to convince Nuance and Adobe to play nice together. I have Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7, and a form I originally created in MS Publisher and made a PDF from. I used Nuance Converter to make a fillable form from that PDF, which works really well in Nuance PDF Reader, and allows the user to type in the form and Save or Save As.
However, when the same form is opened in Acrobat Reader 7.0, I get an error message that says "You cannot save data typed into this form". I could work around this if I thought every computer in my target department could print to PDF, and if I thought the employees in said department could manage that. I have my doubts on both scores, so I need Nuance and Adobe to play right. Any tips on this?

#2 ·
They probably never will play nice together since they are two different products from two different companies with completely different programming. You could probably save a whole lot of work and heartache just purchasing a copy of Acrobat Pro.

#5 ·
It's been awhile since I played with Acrobat .. But I had to turn on the ability to save an edited pdf ..
and it wasn't easy for me to find the tool.
Once upon a time .. someone had to send me a few pdfs .. and I turned the ability to save on .. using acrobat...
so it could be edited/saved in the adobe reader ... until they could get their own copy of acrobat.

Nuance should have the same security tool ???
The other pdf creators mentioned do not make editable/savable pdfs.

The free Foxit Reader can Form fill pdfs .. But it's probably not what you're looking for ..
It's a little hard to use for form filling

#6 ·
Rockn: Yes, I'm STILL waiting for an answer, lol. Their geeks aren't very fast. :)

Noyb: that's what I was trying to, that was one answer I found when I Googled. But I'll be hanged if I can find it in Nuance's settings, and I've prowled the entire Options file. My hope is to find someone who's really familiar with Nuance and can point me in the right direction.

I may just have to convince IT here to install the free Nuance reader on all computers to replace the Adobe Reader. Then there isn't a compatibility problem. Of course, that means I have to TALK to our IT guy, and convince him this is a good idea. Ugh.

#8 ·
Adobe Reader's great and all, if you have the rest of the software to support it for business uses. But so many companies are cutting costs to an extreme, they don't want to pay the higher cost of Adobe! Not when there are alternatives that cost far less money. This is what happened to me...I couldn't get Adobe approved at $300-400, but Nuance at $80 from Amazon was a no-brainer. And it's brilliant software, powerful and easy to use...it just does NOT play well with others (or at least with Adobe). Which is typical of most software types designed by multiple companies, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.