1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nuance PDF Pro 5 System Crash

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by RogerS1900, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerS1900

RogerS1900 Thread Starter

I have noticed this problem in other threads, now closed. I have PDF Professional 5 installed.

I have been experiencing frequent crashes of the system, either the computer hanging up, or the "Blue Screen of Death". I also ended up with a corrupted Outlook "OST" file, requiring a complete rebuild.

Carefully logging when this happened, it appeared to be related to the loading and use of Microsoft Outlook. I am using Outlook 2007 on Window 6 (64 bit).

Gathering information from a number of posts on a variety of sites, I found one recommendation to start Outlook in the "safe mode", and disable the add-ons to see if this made any difference. This is done by holding down the "control" key while starting the application.

I did this, and disabled the two of them, one of which was PDF Pro 5. Since then, I have experienced none of the previous problems, and am again back to normal. As you know, in Microsoft Office, if an add-on is activated on any of the applications, it shows up on all of them.

I am at a complete loss as to why it took this long for the problem to appear, as PDF Pro 5 has been installed for a number of months already.

Anyway, maybe this can be of help to others suffering from the same malady.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice