1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

number keyboard on right doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JohnnyBultaco, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnnyBultaco

JohnnyBultaco Thread Starter

Hello all , my number keys on the right side of my keyboard do not work . I have windows vista & desktop .I tried another keyboard with usb plug in and same result . When pressing the "num lock" once there is a low tone ,then pressing again to illuminate as if on and a higher tone rings . This has never happened before and I only use a few websites like ebay,you tube , & amazon, plus the programs are all safe by norton antivirus . Sounds like a bug/virus or perhaps a setting that was mistakenly changed. I have tried a couple of free microsoft downloads that were recommended and also tried a couple of recommended setting changes but haven't been able to solve . Thanks for your help . Jonny Bultaco .

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    try updating the chipset drivers and USB drivers

4. valis

valis Moderator

you got toggle keys turned on. hold numlock for 5 seconds, that should turn it off....if not, read here.

5. valis

valis Moderator

and welcome to the Forum, btw.....got a friend of mine with an old Bultaco......was pretty sure that would be the last time I saw that word......:)

6. JohnnyBultaco

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 467218 MB, Free - 333895 MB; D: Total - 9719 MB, Free - 1037 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Benicia
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

7. JohnnyBultaco

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 467218 MB, Free - 333895 MB; D: Total - 9719 MB, Free - 1037 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Benicia
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

8. JohnnyBultaco

tried the uncheck of sticky keys and held down the right shift for 8 sec. then I hit yes in the new window then apply on the make keyboard easier to use but the number pad on right still doesn't work . I hit the num lock to shut light off and hear a low tone then hit again to light up num lock and hear a higher beep. I had a few problems all at once , one was I couldn't type (only the password when starting up)and the other was the cursor would disappear after 15 or so seconds and fixed those now I just have the number pad problem . Yes Bultaco as in old dirt :cool:bike

9. valis

valis Moderator

loved it....freakin' tank, could have it in third and walk next to it easily.....

what is hte issue with the number pad, currently?

10. JohnnyBultaco

I figured out the problem. It was with the make the keyboard easier to use settings filter ,sticky & mouse keys . I unchecked 2 of them and was tampering with the other and was testing in between until Bultaco hit paydirt . Thanks for your help . I'm ecstatic to finally find a free forum that I can trust . I've spent several hours with "free" downloads only to have to spend enormous amounts of time deleting the programs and its other links . Happy processing .

11. JohnnyBultaco

What is gained by people causing others computers to have adware,spyware,viruses ,and other worms & bugs ? Just the thrill of making others suffer and money from anti-virus software and other types of debugging programs ? Or do most try to get crucial info to steal from bank accounts,credit cards ,and other instant money from planting them . My mom's yahoo mail stopped working a couple months ago . She did a yahoo search for Yahoo's phone number .The number was listed on the second or third result from the top before having to click on the link to open . She was talking to an Indian decent man who claimed to work for Yahoo and gave his employee number and full name . He had my mother believe that there were people from Asia and Australia who had direct access to her cpu after gaining access . He then sold her a 300+ dollar antivirus and needed control over the cpu via remote access for a couple more hours Luckily she paid with a credit card . I came over to check on her cpu but I have only intermediate skills . There were no new programs installed ,the font and other things were different . I called the credit card co. to stop payment to find the agent I was speaking to fell for the exact same scam . I called Yahoo and they didn't seem to care or couldn't even tell me if her email was working or if there was a problem . I tried the online automated system and waited the 2-3 days but had no luck . I called Yahoo again to let them know that many people are getting scammed for 100's of dollars by people representing themselves as Yahoo and their link states that the phone number is for a Yahoo support team but like before not at all concerned .My mom had several contacts obtained over the years and they were lost . We both use gmail now . Are Apple computers free of viruses,adware ,spyware ,and bugs ? I'm thinking of maybe getting an Apple cpu next time. This one is over 7 years old and was a basic system . I have an older vpr matrix with 3 cd trays and worked well but don't use anymore. I might be better to upgrade the vpr matrix for much less . Thanks ,Johnny Bultaco .

12. valis

valis Moderator

glad it's sorted...:)

as for malware, scumbags generally write that crap....if you have malware issues, let us know, we can get you sorted.

thanks,

v

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice