1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Numbers being typed instead of letters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slimoxide, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimoxide

slimoxide Thread Starter

Hi, I'm using an IBM laptop and when I type some letters, numbers come up instead. I don't think its a virus because the numbers are written on the bottom right of the keys. Is there anyway to turn this off?

thanks

[email protected]

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You obviously have the NumLock engaged, turn it off. Since I don't know the keyboard of the machine, I can't be more specific, but it's probably a function key sequence.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

On most IBM's its the shift key and the Numlock key (as the numlock key is shared with PrntScrn and printscrn is the default without holding down the shift).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice