1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

numbers rather than alphas

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shortcut, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortcut

shortcut Thread Starter

Running laptop Dell Inspiron 2650 - not the one I'm using now. I try to type alphas - for example: i and get a 5, u and get a 4, o and get a 6, j and get a 1, k and get a two and so on. I look at the keyboard and the numbers are in small type right in the center of the alpha key.

How do I get back to the alphas only?

Thanks,
    shortcut

2. pinntech

pinntech

Your keypad is activated. Look on your keyboard for the Fn key, then on your keyboard for a symbol that looks like a "number keypad". It is normally the Fn + F11 key, but without looking up the information on your system it may differ. To activate and deactivate, you have to hold the Fn key and press the key that has the number pad on symbol on it.

3. pinntech

pinntech

I just did a quick search and seems Dell likes Fn + F10 for Numeric Keypad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice