1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Numeric Pad suddenly not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by erocktroll, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocktroll

erocktroll Thread Starter

Hey all...if anyone has any ideas on what I should check here, I would appreciate it. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. A few days ago, the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard suddenly stopped working. The num-lock key doesn't toggle the light, and even when the light is on, the number keys don't do anything. I have already verified that there were no changes to the drivers, and removed/reseated the keyboard. I also swapped the keyboard with one that I know works, and have not been able to resolve this. I'm tempted to believe that this may be a hardware problem -- something with the connector inside the computer, but I'm not real good with hardware, so I'm not certain. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to other troubleshooting I should do, or any software settings that might cause this?

The keypad has the usual layout, and the two rows of keys above the numlock key work (scroll, ins, home, pg up/down, del/end). It's just the 17 keys from numlock down that stopped functioning.

Thanks for your help!:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice