1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nv4_mini.sys error driving me nuts !

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TBW, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBW

TBW Thread Starter

I have a second computer that I used as a server and lately I have been getting a BSOD error that reads: nv4_mini.sys and it's really driving me crazy !

Last night I reformatted and installed XP Pro SP1 and had the same errors. I tried XP Pro SP2 and that didn't install right. I finally got XP Pro SP2 installed from a slipstream disk and I was installing some programs and had the darn error again ! I'm trying to install Roxio right now (2nd time). 1st install resulted in, you guessed it, an nv4_mini.sys error.

Couple questions- Is this related directly to the Nvidia GTS2 Pro card I'm using ? If so, I have a ATI 9800 Pro I could (and would) stick in if it would end the errors. Before my reformats, I tried all sorts of Nvidia drivers and did the driver cleaner in between in safe mode and still had the same error after each driver install at some point. I was saving the ATI card for a different build but would sacrifice it. Right now I haven't even loaded up any Nvidia drivers after the reformat. I'm running off XP's native vid drivers.

The computer specs are a couple different hard drives, a Lite-on DVD burner, a Gigabyte 7ZX mobo with a AMD Athlon 1100 CPU.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!