1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDEA GeForce 6600 GT driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pbrown7115, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pbrown7115

pbrown7115 Thread Starter

I have an Nvidea Geforce 6600 GT graphics card, and it used to run perfectly. However, due to spyware, i was forced to reinstall windows. I downloaded the Nvidea listed driver for the card after the install and the normal functions of the computer work fine. However, when i try to play a game like Half Life 2, or one of its mods, the program tells me that my graphics card is out of date, and if i try to play, the game will crash as it loads. I followed a link from the error message and downloaded what it said was the current driver update, but it did not change anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Flags

Flags

When you reinstalled windows, you wiped out all your drivers.
    When you reinstalled the lost drivers, did you reinstall the Chipset Drivers?
    Are there any yellow ? marks in Device Manager?

3. pbrown7115

pbrown7115 Thread Starter

How would i go about making sure i get the correct chipset drivers?

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You go to Device Manager. Go to contral panels,System, and look for device manager.

5. Flags

Flags

pb: Go to www.support.dell.com.
    Click on drivers and downloads.
    Enter your Service Tag Number. It's on the pc somewhere.
    This will take you to a page with all the drivers for your 4700.
    Look for Chipset, expand it and download the Chipset Download installation Utility to your Download Folder or the desktop.
    Double click the Icon and it will extract and install the chipset.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice