1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDEA GeForce 7950GT

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chuckster, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chuckster

Chuckster Thread Starter

I'm thinking of buying a New Gateway FX530S computer with a NVIDEA GeForce 7950GT video card and I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with this card and what you think of it. The other choice would be a NVIDEA Ge Force 7600GS. Any comments would be appreciated.:rolleyes:
    Thanks-Chuck

2. GripS

GripS

The 7950GT is a fast card. I just checked out the base price on that system. 1500 for a system with a x1300!!??? That is a pure rip off. You could build a much better computer for less then that. I'm not talking a little better but MUCH better. If you give me your budget i can help you out with some recommendations.

3. Chuckster

Chuckster Thread Starter

I've customized the system to $2,200.00. That's with 2048MB sdram, the 7950 video card, 250 GB hard drive, 24" widescreen monitor, wireless keyboard & mouse, 3 years parts and labor, 2 Duo core E6400, and the usual other stuff.
    Chuck

4. GripS

GripS

I'll be right back.

Ok. This is not including a keyboard, mouse, and speakers. But i'm coming in under 2200 with this: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/TemporaryWishList.asp

Forgot the OS. I would strongly recommend sticking with Windows XP until Vista matures. Also with this machine you have individual warranties from the manufacturer. Also the system i have spec'd for you will allow you to overclock. The Intel motherboard that comes with the gateway machine will likely have any overclocking abilities stripped out of the BIOS.

5. Chuckster

Chuckster Thread Starter

Thanks for getting back to me GripS. I honestly don't think I would want to build my own system. I've owned 6 Gateways and I think they are great computers. I think I'll stick with them but maybe I'll wait until they come out with a video card that supports DirectX10 and also as you say wait until Vista matures. Gateway will overclock the FX530 series for you before shipping if you want it done and still hold the warranty. I don't think that many computer companies will do that. The computer that I have now will still handle most games so I guess I can hold off a little longer. It's the one computer that I've had that wasn't a Gateway but it has been a good one.
    Chuck

6. GripS

GripS

Hey no problem. I know the thought of building a computer can be scary if you have never done it before. However it is much easier then you might think. But if you have had good experiences with Gateway then so be it. BTW the video card i chose on the build is actually Direct X 10 compliant.

7. Chuckster

Chuckster Thread Starter

Thanks for your help GripS. I think I'll go with the Gateway for sure but I might hold off until Vista gets squared away and Gateway comes up with a card to handle Direct X 10.
    Gotta be able to keep up with the latest games!!!
    Chuck

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice