1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia 540M - Crashing? - "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rachet, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachet

rachet Thread Starter

I have a Laptop, about 6 months old now.
    It's a Samsung RF511.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00Ghz
    DDR3 8192 Mb Ram
    Nvidia 540M 2GB

My problem is, whenever I try to view a photo it would lag opening and once its opened I'd see blue pixel fragments all over my screen. Previously I tried to Re-install the latest driver. That didn't work. I uninstalled it and removed the registries and what not, that didn't work. So I'm now on a newly formatted Laptop and opening the Default images the Windows provides gives me these errors. Before I formatted I was getting these Errors - "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered".
    I've read this link and I've done some of what they've said as I stated above.

I don't have anything installed other then Starcraft 2 which is being Optimized right now - and that's it.
    I had Photoshop CS6 installed on my previous Installation of Windows and when this problem Occured Photoshop had trouble as well.

So does anyone know what I can do?
    I really don't want to send the Laptop off. I'd like to see if I can fix it myself first. If not then I'll send it in.
    Any help would be appreciated...

I've attaced an image showing what these blue pixel blocks look like with the Driver Displaying stopped responding

I forgot to add. I was getting the same Blue pixel things, and a lot more when I would open up Starcraft 2. The game would freeze and I would have to either Alt- F4 or Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Task Manager to Force Quit the game. So Im expecting the same thing to happen with the newly installed Stacraft.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice