1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nVidia 6100 PCI express

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by panuts, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

My monitor is acting up and I want to see if it will work on DVI. I have the cable tried it and it wont read it. Are there settings I need to change? Someone told me to pull the battery leave it out for one hour and put back in but if I do that will it mess up my system and its settings? Please help. I dont want to do anything until I hear from someone who knows this stuff. Thank you.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I can't imagine why anyone would suggest taking battery out, that has nothing to do with anything. Check out the plugs on the cable to make sure no pins are bent as that is the most common problem.

3. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

all pins are fine even went and bought a new cable. Tried the new cable and that did not work. It was Dell that had told me to remove the battery leave it out for an hour and then put it back in. It did not make any sense to me. So I thought I would check here before even trying that.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Is this onboard or Pci-x video card.

5. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

It is on board card.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well if the monitor is having problems on vga then I would bet it is on it's way out.

7. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

The reason I had wanted to try the DVI is somewhere on the web I had read a guy had problems with his monitor and then switched it from VGA to DVI and the monitor worked. It comes on and then shuts off. So I was just wanting to try something else before I gave up.

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

The dvi signal though is actually a more difficult transmission so it is less likely to work if vga does not.

9. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your answer. Do you have any other ideas that might help? I know it might be a shot in the dark, but I cant afford to go and buy another monitor this one is just over a year old.

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Maybe it is under warranty? I hear ya on the price but there is no intelligent way to work on them and they are dangerous toi open up as well. What I would do for sure is try it on another pc to be sure it is the monitor because it could be the card as well always.

11. panuts

panuts Thread Starter

I had sent the computer in to gateway they checked not a bad card. And the monitor went out totally the day after the store closed. Not under warrranty and cant located the company who made it. It is a stupid norwood. Took it in to a repair shop and they cant get any parts for it. The DVI thing was the last hope I had. Oh well I hate it when these companies can ripe you off. Thanks for your help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/691045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice