1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia 7600 gt Graphics card Noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lozzman, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lozzman

lozzman Thread Starter

Dear all,

I have had problems with my video card (nvidia 7600)

I have had a verry loud noise in vista
    I have turned off desktop compisition and areo in vista and still the noise :(

When i turn my computer i have to:
    1 unplug the power plug from my PSU,
    2 put it back in
    3 wait 1 - 2 secs then turn on my computer for the screen to work

I dont have any bent pins,
    replaced cable

dont know what else to do (n)(n)

2. eberlysystems

eberlysystems

What kind of noise? It's probably a fan bearing - most likely a failing fan. Not uncommon for it to die at a certain age. Consider replacing the cooling fan with an aftermarket one or purchasing a new graphics card.

3. lozzman

lozzman Thread Starter

hello,

the noise, its like when you say a verrylong V like vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv but i could relace it with an aftermarket one but i would also like to find out about when i have to unplug my power cable ten put it back in to see the screen for my computer :D

could it be a verry big underlying problem?

well anyway than you for replying, especially on christmas :D

many thanks

lozz

4. eberlysystems

eberlysystems

Please give some more information your computer - especially model number, motherboard make and model (if you know it), and processor and memory. Sounds like you DO have another problem, though I still think you may need another VGA fan if it's making that much noise. But post your other specs and I'll try to help further.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice