1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA 7600 - WMVHD choppy playback

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ibanez2k, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibanez2k

ibanez2k Thread Starter

Does anyone know if there is an issue with NVIDIA's 7600 series graphics cards and WMV-HD video playback? I am having a problem where no matter what I do, (update drivers, re-install the card, whatever), WMV-HD content still plays back rather choppy. It wouldn't confuse me so much except for my computers got a 2.4 gig processor, 2 gigs of RAM, and this 512 mb video card. My laptop has only a 1.7 processor, 512 of RAM, and crappy onboard video and plays WMV-HD files JUST FINE!!! Holy crap, is there something I just am missing entirely? The box this card comes in even specifies how GREAT this thing is for WMV-HD video!!?? I know this is an issue a few others have because googling the problem has lead me to other forums where people have posted this same issue with the 7600 or similar series and WMVHD files yet there has been no answers to their posts.

Please let me know if anybody knows anything about this. Thanks so much guys, YOU ROCK!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

added: also, I should note that this particular card is an XFX 7600 GT AGP Dual DVI card specifically, in case that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice