1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia 9600 Gt stopped working!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Meepugh, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meepugh

Meepugh Thread Starter

Yesterday I was casually browsing the internet when my monitor turned off. I tried a different monitor and that one wouldn't work either. It turns out that my GPUs fan stopped working. So I plugged my monitor into the on-board and put a fan facing the GPU to cool it down. And now for some reason the fan is working again, and I still have the fan facing it. But the my graphics card still won't let any monitor work. Perhaps it could've just fell out of place or something? Also the exact model is the PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If the fan on the GPU stopped working then it would have overheated and in that case the GPU could have easily fried itself; video cards run very hot if not cooled correctly.

However the fan could have stopped spinning if the card is not seated correctly in the slot or if the power connector on the back of the card, if equipped with one, came loose. Check those things. Also since you reverted to the onboard graphics you may also need to enter the BIOS setup and set the primary graphics card too the PCI-Express Slot/PEG, save and exit. You may need to turn the PC off, flip the monitor to the 9600GT then turn it back on and see if you get a display.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1010938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice