Nvidia Compatibility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Z80

I have a Nvidia Quadro2 EX 32MB AGP 4x and a Compaq Presario 5000 (5003US) and I can't seem to get the two to talk to each other.

I have Flashed the BIOS, uninstalled the onboard driver, and installed the hardware. WinXP doesn't seem to know I even added the card. I went round and round with HP on this and the last guy I talked to told me that it involves a complicated jumper setting on the motherboard. I looked for jumpers there are none I can find on the board that relate to graphics. Now these guys want me to take the computer to Radio Shack. Noway in Hell am I letting them even breath on it! These guys are driving me insane, if I don't or can't get an answer here I plan to sell this card at $30 or 40 bucks just to get some of my money back on it.

A big thanks to anyone who can give me a clue.

Does it even recognize the video card when you go to the add new hardware wizard? By the way, I know what you mean about talking through HP customer support :rolleyes:. So you told the guy at the store what you wanted and what computer you had, and he suggested that card right? If he suggested it, I don't see why it wouldnt work.

It might have to do with a couple of factors.

1. Many slightly older motherboards can not physically supply the amount of current a new video card needs and either won't start or will run and crash all the time

2. Your AGP slot is a certain speed 1x, 2x, 4x. If you are attempting to put a 4x card in the system you need at least a 2x slot for it to "probably" work, if you have a 1x slot it won't work.

3. You have a motherboard that has onboard video and is implimented poorly (like the m810lmr) and installing an AGP video card may or may not actually disable the onboard video, try to use a jumper to disable the onboard video if you can otherwise you will be stuck trying to find a different type of card works with your oddball board.

Good Luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online