1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Compatible display driver needed, I think..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by halo, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halo

halo Thread Starter

Hi,

I've go an Athlon, running Windows ME.

I went to Nvidia.com to update my graphics card driver, and the site said to uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel, so I did that, downloaded the new driver, restarted and now I'm stuck on 640x480 res and 16 colours...
    these are the messages that come up when I start up:
    "Your display adaptor is not configured properly, to correct the problem, click OK to start the hardware instillation wizard"

Then I select NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 6.2B click Next

"The device is installed but has a problem, to view properties etc... click finish"
    I click Reinstall Driver, then Auto search
    "Windows needs the disk labelled NVIDIA Compatible display driver disk1"

I dont have that disk. do you know if I can find this on the net?

Also this error message pops up on start up:
    "RunDLL, Error in NvQwk, Missing entry: Nv Cpl Daemon"

thanks in advance, for any help

2. p8jx6

p8jx6

i'm not sure how experianced you are, but if you can find the place that the whole detanator driver package was extracted,(either C:\nvidia\ or c:\windows\temp) then just have windows look there for the drivers, if you have a unzipping program, such as "winzip", or "winrar", or maybe "winace" you should be able to right click on the package EXE, and extract to some place on you hard disk, and that will become driver disk 1 to "X"

3. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

for nvidia its is usually at C:/NVIDIA

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Download and run Driver Cleaner: http://www.drivercleaner.net/dc.htm

Then run the file you downloaded, it should install and configure the new driver for you. You really shouldn't need to browse for any files or anything like that.

5. halo

halo Thread Starter

All fixed, thanks guys. I uninstalled and re-installed up and running again.

cheers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice