1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Control Panel and Windows Colors

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Summerbear5, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summerbear5

Summerbear5 Thread Starter

I just bought a new video card Nvidia Geforce GT520 2GB. I uninstalled the driver for my old graphics card and install the brand new driver for the new graphics card. Everything is working except:

In the Nvidia Control Panel under Adjust Desktop Color Settings I'm using Use NVIDIA Settings instead of Other applications control color settings. I have my own color settings programmed in for RGB, But when I run certain games as soon as the game pops up the color settings get reverted back to the default settings before I changed it even though the adjustments are not changed in the Nvidia Control Panel. The only solution I have been doing to try to fix this is after the game loads up I open up the Nvidia Control Panel and switch it between Other applications control color settings and back to Use NVIDIA Settings and hit cancel. Then the color is fixed but only temporarily. It's fixed during that session and the next time I run the game it still reverts back to the old settings until I mess with the control panel again.

All I'm looking to find out here is besides the Nvidia Control Panel is there any other place maybe in the control panel or registry that determines a program controlling the color settings? Something I can disable?

It happens with a couple of my games. Everquest 2 being one of them. I've already contacted Nvidia that said it was SoE's problem and SoE's said if it's not Nvidia's problem then there is nothing they can do on their end.

My computer is Windows Vista 64-bit Completely updated via Windows Update and graphics drivers completely updated via Nvidia.com website. Anymore info needed let me know.

Thanks,
    Summer

EDIT: I also have a second problem with the HDMI cable hook-up should I post here or start a new thread?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1035427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice