1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Control Panel - The Parameter is incorrect

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Burjo, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Burjo

Burjo Thread Starter

Morning all,
    I have just re-installed Windows on to a new SSD, and started the painful process of moving everything.
    I am setting up a Windows only drive, with other drives from user files, programs and games.

When re-installing my Nvidia drives. (GeForce Experience and Nvidia control panel) i have come up with an issue.

GeForce downloads, installs all good, however the Nvidia Control panel which comes from Windows App store, wont open.

the error is:
    C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\NvidiaCorp.NVDIAControlPanel_8.1.955.0_x64_56jybvy8s...\nvcplui.exe
    The parameter is incorrect.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing all the Nvidia drives.
    GPUs are 2 x MSI GTX 1080 in SLI

Not sure what to do next?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 32727 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 195 GB (141 GB Free); D: 269 GB (269 GB Free); E: 465 GB (464 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (1861 GB Free); G: 3726 GB (1937 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Regards,
    Burjo

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just a few observations;
    1 I would really set this up with a single video card first then enable SLI and install the other card
    2 Did you install your chipset driver prior to attempting to install the video driver?
    3 There is a bios update that addresses win10 compatibility. Are you running the latest driver?

My understanding [and it may be incorrect since I never use msi] is that you install the driver and the control panel is downloaded automatically at some point after driver install ie you do not attempt to install the control panel. It works this way on asus and asrock boards; again I never use msi so I do not know for sure.

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Absolutely correct.

I have no clue what the MS store app is....I sure bet it's not needed. I'd like to see a link to that...as I can't find it in the MS Store.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Lately when you install a realtek sound driver or nvidia driver, the control panel does not come with the driver; it is downloaded from the microsoft store. I cannot think of a time when the control panel was not installed automatically however it might be possible with a msi board.

5. Burjo

Burjo Thread Starter

crjdriver
    Thanks for the reply,
    chipset drivers are installed, and after installing Geforce drivers, a notification come up to install the control panel from win app store.
    regards, Burjo

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice