1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVidia drivers help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scorn, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scorn

scorn Thread Starter

Hello
    Could someone tell me how to delete the new Nvidia drivers (23.11) & replace them with the older 21.83 version. Do I just install the 21.83 & let it copy over the newer ones?
    Everyone is saying the newest version is causing probs with 3D type games.

Thank you for helping

scorn

2. rugrat

rugrat

Are you having a specific problem? I am running the 23.11 with no problems. However, if you still need to change, go to control panel, add remove programs and the uninstall for the drivers should be there. Once uninstalled, reboot and install the older drivers.

Good Luck

3. scorn

scorn Thread Starter

Hi Rugrat.
    Well I've not actually had any video problems yet, it's just that I'm going to be using my new pc for quake 3 type games & lots of folk on other forums are saying the new drivers are rubbish. Return to Castle Wolfenstein apparently hates them. I cant cope with video driver crashes AND Windows XP crashes, between them, they'll drive me nuts.

Shall I just leave them for now until I think they're being a problem?
    Thanks for showing me where to look for the new NVidia drivers, I though it would be a bit more complex than that :)

Scorn

4. brianF

brianF

If you really feel the need to change and want to start clean do a search for detonator destroyer. It will remove all traces of nvidia drivers from your system. Follow the instructions in the readme file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice