1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Games' started by PISTON, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PISTON

PISTON Thread Starter

i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT and i want to update the drivers. i just want to make sure its done right and i get teh right one. on the nvidia site there are the three boxes to select the card and the windows version and all, im not sure what to select in the first box etc. if there is anyone here that as succesfully installed teh correct drivers for this video card, pleez tell me how you did it. thanx!

2. Clumbsy_Mage

Clumbsy_Mage

3. Teck

Teck

To check your card Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display.

Then tell us what card you've got as the guy above thinks you made a mistake.

4. PISTON

PISTON Thread Starter

here is the info that came with the alienware computer, about the "video adapter"

Video Adapter

Caption: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
    Adapter RAM: 512MB
    DriverVersion: 6.14.10.9147
    Verified Hardware Device against Order: VID-EVG7950GT512PCIE
    Connect Power Cable
    Test Video Card

5. Jones

Jones

6. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

This is an easy one.

Go to the Nvidia site. Select graphics driver. Select GeForce or TNT (you have a standard GeForce card). Select your operating system. Download the driver.

FYI: On a graphics card, it is the chipset that counts (Nvidia does not make video cards). Somebody other than Nvidia always makes the video card.

Courtney sends....

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!