1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ecko69x, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

I downloaded the latest version for my graphics driver, but before the installion finished it said that this install was not tested for my card to ensure compatability. It said stuff like it might cause it be unstable and what not.

Should I be ok? I choose Graphic Drivers, Geforce 7 Series, then Windows XP/2000 for the download on the Nvidia site. I have a Geforce 7900 GT. The download is for the 7 series so it should ok?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It just means that MS has not certified the driver. It is probably just fine. Do you trust NVidia?

3. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

Yea I trust Nvidia.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

No reason not to, so I wouldn't worry.

5. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

So anyone that had done this never had problems?

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Many times. All it means is MS hasn't given the drivers the go ahead. WHQL is a bunch of rubbish as far as video drivers go IMO.

I have had WHQL certified drivers toss me through a loop. I have also had beta drivers that were great. Yes, I do run a machine with a 6800GT. My sweet little back up rig.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Manufacturers may not go through the process for any number of reasons, including cost, inconvenience, or even the resentment that a paternal Microsoft pat-on-the-head can elicit from people who create software with integrity and don't need someone else vouching for them.

Many, many drivers are not WHQL certified and are as good or better than ones that are.

So, if you trust the source, trust the software.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice