1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia exclaimation marks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sara82, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sara82

sara82 Thread Starter

hi, I was checking the device manager as I have been having problems with an mp3 player connecting and I saw that there were exclaimations for both nvidia wdm a/v crossbar and nvidia wdm video capture (universal). It doesn't give me the option to update the drivers so I dont really know what to do. Could this be affecting the connectivity of my player?Any help would be appreciated
    thanks

2. Michael_C

Michael_C

It is possible you have a Driver or IRQ conflict. an "!" does not always mean that you need drivers for it. Doubleclick on them and read what it says in Device Status. If it mentions drivers, try to find the most up-to-ddate ones from teh Nvidia website and install those.

Also, try disconnecting the MP3 player, and reboot, see if the "!"s go away.

3. sara82

sara82 Thread Starter

Hi, Thanks for replying, I looked what it said in the properties
    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)
    I'm not really sure what to do as I'm abit worried to go installing new drivers in case it messes stuff up, also apart from my player not working there are no other problems with my computer and so if the two problems aren't related I dont know whether its worth putting new drivers in.
    Thanks again

4. Michael_C

Michael_C

Fixing your Nvidia devices may be as simple as removing them from device manage "uninstall" and then reboot your machine. or just update the drivers as i previously suggested. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, and your computer has other major problems, I suggest takig it to the nearest computer repair shop. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice