1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia forceware or video driver?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolaid, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i own a geforce 6600 pci-e card, i've never tried forceware before as i use the default factory driver cd for my card, but recently a new game has demanded me to update my drivers for my card and i don't know weather i should choose between installing the latest forceware or video drivers from nvidia, i'm having a tough time deciding which one to install as i don't know the difference between them, so here are my questions:

-should i choose FORCEWARE or just the normal driver update from nvidia? which one is actually better?

-i heard forceware could severely damage the card if it's inproperly used, pelase explain more.

-what are the other minor or major difference between the two?

many thanks for the help.

2. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi coolaid
    Nvidia forceware are the official drivers for Nvidia there are the signed which are normally 100% safe and the beta witch are out on test as such.
    The latest driver from Nvidia 93-71 a few cards have a problem with so I would recommend
    you download NVIDIA Forceware 91-47 and try that one.But what you will need to do is to clean your drivers before installing your new one's if you dont you may get a problem.Download driver cleaner pro it is free and made for Nvidia drivers.Read all about how to use it BUT AWAYS CLEAN IN SAFE MODE.
    Just type into google what you want.
    Regards
    Rex

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice