Nvidia FX5200-Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stu_hig

I think I posted this same problem a long time ago but I'm going to try againto see if anyone can shed some light on it!

I have a Nvidia FX5200 that works fine for general internet use and basically everything else except 3D games and Quicktime Movies. When playing games I get a load of funky colours on the screen, usually greens or blues (but it depends on the game). Sometimes, for a little while it would be fine and then it would go back to being funky!

When playing quicktime movies the screen just goes totally green. The audio is fine but I can't see a thing.

I'm running XP, AMD Athlon 2000+ 1.24ghz and 384mg ram.

Thanks in advance

I dont know i think its your card, i had a Chaintech FX5200-128, it played 3D games ie D3, UT2004, COD etc. just fine at lower settings, the card was only $50, my daughter using on her pc now just fine. Just loaded drivers that came on the CD

I currently use one of those cards, my question is what kinda of monitor do you have?

stu_hig

I have a Philips LCD monitor, but I use to have a big one (CRT or somthing..you know what I mean lol) and I had exactly the same problem.

Alright. im goingto giveyou aist of things to do,if they absolutely dont help, contact Chaintech and speak with them.

First, Check and make sure its running at AGP 8x... most Pc's by default run at 4x...
Check resolution on monitor.
Check the settings IN GAME
try playing your game at 800x600... some online games thats what they run at ( dumb)
then check drivers and updates
Make sure card is in good shape.
anything i didnt thinkof..

If you REALLY can figure it out email me @ SHusnik@gmail.com

and i will help you more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online