1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nvidia fx5600xt 128mb.. anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Monk, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Monk

Monk Thread Starter

This is my current video card, and I'm just wondering how it works for you guys? How much can this card be overclocked?

2. ukantcme

ukantcme

ive got it and after i have downloaded the registry component to allow overclocking, i really wasnt able to push it that far, maybe 60mhz (without it freezing up). But, i really havent had any problems whatsoever running Doom 3, Call of Duty, Sims 2 ect.. all running on high res.
    how much Ram do you have?, processor speed?

3. Monk

Monk Thread Starter

AMD xp 2700+
    512 MB RAM

:)

I can't run Doom 3 that well at all.. it runs OK on low res. Is that normal?

4. ukantcme

ukantcme

well you have the same processor as me I just upped my ram another 512mb and everything runs perfectly. i mean if you are running 40 applications in the background while attempting to play your gonna get crap. get you a copy of "end it all" if you dont already have it and protect your vital system requirements before running it. that program frees up so much ram you would be surprised. plus if you can spare the change i would pick up another block of 512. with the processor, 1gig of Ram, end it all and the 5600 nvidia you should have no problem with any game.

5. Monk

Monk Thread Starter

downloaded it..and installed it. Not sure how to use it. DOnt want ot screw anything up:)

6. ukantcme

ukantcme

all you do is double click on the end it all icon and it will pull up a window and some warnings. most of the vital system requirements needed to run windows will already be protected (with a little lock icon next to them), you can then select the ones you would like to protect for later "end it all" sessions (norton auto protect, zone alarm, trojan guard, ect..), just basically anything that you would like to have continue run in the background, just dont select everything, thus negating the "end it all" process :), remember you can always reset your machine and have everything running exactly the same as it was before running end it all. i like to use end it all when i am getting ready to use Ram Hogs like Doom 3, Call of Duty. other than that i normally let everything run like it always does. :)

7. nsh

nsh

i'm pretty much a newbie on the gfx-cards front, but i ordered a system with a fx5700le card on it (256mb).. is that a pretty good card?
    Sorry for the offtopic post

8. Kalmarath

Kalmarath

That's perfectly normal ;)

IIRC, the le stands for light edition, which is some sort of a, "dumb down" version of the normal 5700 (With lower clocks and higher latency in rams). A Raddy 9600pro runs faster than this. I wouldnt say that it's a good card, but it's okay if you're not a hardcore gamer ;)

9. fell7leaves

fell7leaves

the fx5600 is mainly just a good way of getting into the games. It's not the choice of card for hardcore gamers. Other video cards are starting go down in price so buy another one later on when you need something better to satisfy your computer gaming needs.

under my ~hood~

athlon 64 3200 :rolleyes:
    fx5700 256mb
    1 gig ddr400 kingston ram (y)
    120 gb western digital 7200 rpm hd :D
    17 inch gem lcd

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice