1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Ge force video card

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Neesh, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neesh

Neesh Thread Starter

Hello would like to know if I can connect my svideo tv out to my video in on my VCR and will it work? I don't have a svideo connection on my TV. I know I can convert svideo to RCA to work with my VCR. Any help would be appreciated, the people from dell don't have an answer.
    Thanks,
    Neesh

2. brianF

brianF

I can see no reason it won't work, your just sending a ntsc video signal to the vcr to pass through, same thing as sending it to the tv to display

3. Neesh

Neesh Thread Starter

thanks for replying. I have connected my tvout to my video in on my vcr but I dont have my monitor displayed on my tv screen. Is there a setup do to get my video card to run tvout?
    Thanks,
    Neesh

4. brianF

brianF

There is an option in the display properties, settings, advanced button, device selection tab. Once the cables are connected it should ungrey the option for TV

5. Neesh

Neesh Thread Starter

I have made all the connections, however whenh I choose the tv option on my video display properties and click apply nothing happens and goes back to analog monitor. A dell technician told me I must have a svideo tv or svideo vcr for the tv out to work. I thought a svideo adapter would suffice and would work on the rca video in on my vcr. I am sure there must be a way for this to work rather than buying a new tv.
    Thanks,
    Neesh

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/70453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice