1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA Geforce 2MX = 32MB?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deepblue501, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deepblue501

deepblue501 Thread Starter

hi there!

i just have one very specific question, since I cannot find my specifications anywhere on my video card, but airport tycoon 2 (the game i wanna play) tells me I have to have a 32MB video card, and the main screen is shaded (you can see the menus but the main screen is dark all the time), I thought maybe it's due to my video card. Can therefore anybody tell me the following:

Is the NVIDIA GeForce 2MX/MX400 card 32MB or 16MB????

I know it's a strange question, but maybe someone out there knows, so at least I will know if it's the fault of my videocard or not. Thanx!!!

2. suesman

suesman

32meg is mostly likely right, though some MX400's were actually 64megs. AIDA32 will tell you exactly what card you have.

3. zeddy

zeddy

I agree it is likely to be a 32mb card. If the problem is with the screen being too dark use try and change the display properties gamma or brightness settings

Increase Gamma/Brightness through display settings.
    Right click mouse on desktop to open display >Settings >Advanced
    Then look for a setting for Gamma or Brightness.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. deepblue501

deepblue501 Thread Starter

thanx for the help, it is actually 32MB, and I already updated the with the latest driver. Its not the gamma thingie, because with all other applications and games it works perfectly fine. There is no videocard setup with the game, nor any ingame gamma/brightness option, so there's something weird going on. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. If anybody still comes up with any idea, please let me know. Bye!
    pete

6. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/176648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice