1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BIGBADDOUGIE, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BIGBADDOUGIE

BIGBADDOUGIE Thread Starter

Can any one help me on this matter, I have tried many things to get this card up and running on Windows XP but with no luck. I have tried the latest drivers and NT4.0 drivers but with no luck. It just keeps freezing the screen and I have to restart the pc and take it out and do the same procedure again and again. One driver halfed worked the NT driver which came with the CDROM but it cant play any games over 16mb so I know the card is not faulty. Am I missing something ? Thanks

2. ourhouse

ourhouse

is the fan on the card running? sounds like it may be getting hot

3. BIGBADDOUGIE

Yes the fan seems to be okay it will deffenetly have something to do with drivers but. The NT4.0 driver kinda works on my card yet that driver does not support my card. It sometimes comes up with an error nt.dll something like that i cant remember exactly, But I cant figure it out. It does not crash Windows XP just the task bar disapears and comes back thats normal i think.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Go into the bios and set the option to assign an IRQ to VGA. This is a common mistake. The card will run without a IRQ being assigned to it, but it will freeze and exhibit problems like your having.

5. BIGBADDOUGIE

Tried that did not make any diffrence. I had also installed it on Windows 98 se but it froze that as well. There was one point where I was able to play a game i got with the card and the graphics were superb but after 2 mins or so it froze the screen. I am thinking of selling it. I got it for over £130. I cant find whats causing this stupid thing to freeze the screen all the time.

6. ourhouse

ourhouse

make sure the card is in tight with the screws on tight. My card was once loose and worked for a couple of mins then it froze... kept on happening until i made sure the card was seated good and tight.

7. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Some earlier via chipset motherboards had incompatabilities with geforce cards. Bios updates were released by venders to fix these. If your willing to take the risk of flashing your bios, it could fix it.

8. BIGBADDOUGIE

You suggested flashing my bios. To make it compatable with my 64mb card, how do i go about doing that for free or is getting a new motherboard which is compatable with Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 64mb card a beter solution. If so can you recommend a motherboard. And USB 2.0 wouldnt be a bad idea either thanks.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/123553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice