Nvidia Geforce 5200 + Drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gbusguy

Long story short my computer does not recognize its graphics card as what it is drivers are installed and everything(77.72's with direct x 9.0c) but when i try to run counterstrike source it says that I need a direct x 7.0 compatible graphics card or something of that sort, I have done all that needs to be done(uninstalling previous drivers, then rebooting in safe mode/regular mode and installing the new drivers with no anti virus type programs running)

When watching videos everything appears to be at double brightness(eg gammas way to high) but I can play plenty of games just fine without the gamma being affected(just not ones past direct x 7)

Any hints/tips would be appreciated

I had an nvidia 5200 card for some time, and I hated the drivers nvidia wanted to install. Of course, I switched over to ATI and I love it... let's not get into that though. I would suggest trying some DNA drivers and see how your luck goes. Try These
later

Edit:
oh yes, and to insure a clean uninstall of all previous drivers, take a look at this website http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

gbusguy

You are my hero :D
My counterstrike can actually start now, I'll be sure to come back if I have any more problems

gbusguy said:
Long story short my computer does not recognize its graphics card as what it is drivers are installed and everything(77.72's with direct x 9.0c) but when i try to run counterstrike source it says that I need a direct x 7.0 compatible graphics card or something of that sort, I have done all that needs to be done(uninstalling previous drivers, then rebooting in safe mode/regular mode and installing the new drivers with no anti virus type programs running)

When watching videos everything appears to be at double brightness(eg gammas way to high) but I can play plenty of games just fine without the gamma being affected(just not ones past direct x 7)

Any hints/tips would be appreciated
:

I have the same card, and the same problem. For now, to fix that problem,
open the Windows Media Player and go to Tools, then Options.
There, choose, Performance and put the Video Acceleration to the half way, then apply.
At least as a temporary fix, it worked for me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online