1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Geforce 5200 + Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gbusguy, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gbusguy

gbusguy Thread Starter

Long story short my computer does not recognize its graphics card as what it is drivers are installed and everything(77.72's with direct x 9.0c) but when i try to run counterstrike source it says that I need a direct x 7.0 compatible graphics card or something of that sort, I have done all that needs to be done(uninstalling previous drivers, then rebooting in safe mode/regular mode and installing the new drivers with no anti virus type programs running)

When watching videos everything appears to be at double brightness(eg gammas way to high) but I can play plenty of games just fine without the gamma being affected(just not ones past direct x 7)

Any hints/tips would be appreciated

2. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7

I had an nvidia 5200 card for some time, and I hated the drivers nvidia wanted to install. Of course, I switched over to ATI and I love it... let's not get into that though. I would suggest trying some DNA drivers and see how your luck goes. Try These
    later

Edit:
    oh yes, and to insure a clean uninstall of all previous drivers, take a look at this website http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

3. gbusguy

gbusguy Thread Starter

You are my hero :D
    My counterstrike can actually start now, I'll be sure to come back if I have any more problems

4. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7

Yea, report back if there are any problems. Glad I could help!

5. Deviceman007

Deviceman007

:

I have the same card, and the same problem. For now, to fix that problem,
    open the Windows Media Player and go to Tools, then Options.
    There, choose, Performance and put the Video Acceleration to the half way, then apply.
    At least as a temporary fix, it worked for me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/381002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice