1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Geforce 5500 Driver installation problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rexxz, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rexxz

rexxz Thread Starter

I am trying to install a geforce 5500 video card on my dell dimension 2100. I put the card in and try to install the drivers, and I get errors that no drivers couldbe found for my card, even when I try to install off of the disk or download the drivers from the nividia website.

I have onboard video but I disabled this in hardware setting AND in BIOS, setting it to run off of the PCI slot.

I have Windows XP Home.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

It sounds to me like you need to reinstall your chipset drivers first, and then try again.

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

4. rexxz

rexxz Thread Starter

Hmm installed the chipset and tried to install the drivers, still gives me the same error :(

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Not good. The card is there, you are using it right now so............

What set of drivers are you using, did they come on a CD or did you download them?

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I see you downloaded them. Man, let me think. It is getting harder for me these days.

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Did you uninstall the intel graphics driver? If not, do that.

If you have uninstalled the intel driver lets try another set. If this doesn't work I am stumped. If you are using win xp download and try this set.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

If you are using another OS besides XP or win 2k let me know.

8. rexxz

rexxz Thread Starter

I uninstalled the intel graphics driver but they auto reinstall everytime I boot up the computer, and I don't know how to stop them from doing so

9. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Go to device manager and disable the thing in the hardware profile. You said you killed it in the bios so it shouldn't even be detected by the machine. Double check that.

If it is disabled in the bios, kill it in device manager and then try it. Ill be back, I am going to see if driver cleaner will kill intel graphics.

10. rexxz

rexxz Thread Starter

Yeah I disabled it and uninstalled it, and also disabled it in BIOS, it still detects it and tries to reinstall it every time on boot up.

11. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

12. rexxz

rexxz Thread Starter

ok I ran driver cleaner, and I still get the same problem :/

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/423952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice