1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Low Video Performance ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Katmandu, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katmandu

Katmandu Thread Starter

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video card that I recently did a driver upgrade on. The driver version is 6.14.11.6375 Dated 10-14-07.

I just did a PC Pitstop Performance check and the results show LOW video performance of 14.42MPS. This SUCKS!

A similar test run just (2) weeks ago showed 93 MPS. I'm pretty sure that was with the old driver.

Why would a new driver KILL the video performance ???? :confused:

See system specs in my sig.

2. Katmandu

Katmandu Thread Starter

I just rolled back to the old driver. Version 9.1.3.1 dated 6-1-06 and the Video performance went back up to 87.62 MP/s.

Why would a new driver give BAD video performance ???

3. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

I've found that the 94.24 Forceware drivers work best on the 6200 that's on my backup computer.
    The newest drivers never work the best on older cards. This is because nVidia drivers are universal and cover a variety of models which "overlap". At some point, they don't design the latest driver for older models, they're optimized for the newer cards.
    The trick is to start with a known "good" driver and work your way up until performance suffers. Then go back to the last one that worked well for you.
    That's why I use the 94.24, any newer drivers don't work as well on my system.

Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24_2.html

4. Katmandu

Katmandu Thread Starter

I see! (y)

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! :cool:

5. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

No problem. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice