1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suga252, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

It's me again. :)

Would anyone happen to have drivers for, or know where I can get drivers from for an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 for Windows XP? Thanx.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Try www.nvidia.com Click the download drivers at the top of the page.

3. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

Will do, but I think my co-worker tried that. Any other suggestions just in case?

4. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

Have tried nvidia.com, even tried the drivers off of the disk. Still have problems.

5. McTimson

McTimson

What are the problems you're having? Those are the official drivers that nVidia releases, and they should not have any problems with them...chances are, it's something else that's the problem.

6. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7

I have the same exact video card you have. I just got it about one month ago, and installed all the drivers fine. It works great. Perhaps you still have the drivers from your other video card on there or you have integrated graphics, which you must turn off. Try removing the drivers from the other graphics card if you had one, otherwise find out how to disable the integrated graphics. This is usually located at the makers website.

7. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

It has intergrated video, which has been turned off, still having problems.

8. compilerxp

compilerxp

*WHAT PROBLEM??*

9. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

Sorry about that. :)

The card is listed in device manager under "Other Devices", then "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". And it has an exclaimation mark over the question mark. The graphics controller for the board is disabled, this I know by the red X in front of the name. My co-worker began the work on the computer, and when I took a first look at it, that is what I found.

10. compilerxp

compilerxp

Info helps...

You disabled the on-board video within Windows XP itself... you need to disable it on the BIOS level (or rarely, a jumper).

1 - what kind of PC is it (CPU / Mobo and brand-model)
    2 - What kind of 5200 is it? (PCI or AGP)

Im gathering its a PCI system as AGP onboard video systems will disable (usually) onboard video when an AGP card is installed. You should enbable the onboard video with Device manager.

Locate your manual about the BIOS and disable it.

11. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

Can't get to it til Monday, but will do and get back to you to let you know the outcome. Thanx.

12. suga252

suga252 Thread Starter

i left for the weekend, and another tech worked on the pc and claims the problem is fixed. We will see, the customer knows best in a situation like the i guess.

13. Subunci43

Subunci43

i might have an issue like that on my computer, and ive been looking for a solution for a while. i have the same video card too, but after i got my new power supply so my computer would turn on, the video card wouldnt play games any more and sometimes would just randomely not work. it turns losing the signal or something for my monitor, so the monitor thinks the computer is turned off or in standby, and then it does the same. it always does this when i start a game too. the computer is still "on", but any music or sound playing starts to repeat like a broken record. Im using an AGP card too. My card used to work fine, too

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice