1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA GeForce Fx5200 driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GlennU, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlennU

GlennU Thread Starter

I have two problems, one is that that my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 driver seems to be bad and the second is that when I try to go into safe mode, I sometimes get a "keyboard error" message and the keyboard locks up.

Here are some more details on the driver problem. I noticed that my monitor was blinking so I tested it on another computer...work fine. I tested a second monitor with my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 driver and had the same problem. By the way the problem has grown worse, to the point where I can't boot in normal mode. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver, but get an error that a reads "error loading c:\windows\system32\nvinstnt.dll...says the module can't be found".

The Dell tech support says I habve to reinstall Windows. I wanted to check with you guys first to see if you have any ideas.

Here's some additional info. I've had the same computer configuration for over a year. The problem started a few days ago. I work on a Windows XP platform. The computer is a Dell Dimensions 4600.

Any help is appreciated.
    GlennU

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

try a system restore

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/441790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice