1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia GeForce GT 430

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Twizzle-The-Fox, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Twizzle-The-Fox

Twizzle-The-Fox Thread Starter

I don't know much about GPUs on PCs, I recently just got a Zotac GT 430 1GB DDR3 and when I go to install it's own drivers from the new March 2012 Nvidia GeForce drivers, it installs this NVIDIA HD Audio drivers and I got no sound since I can't use my Realtek Audio, I have to disable my realtek onboard audio on the BIOS to avoid the system from crashing/freezing, I mostly got freezing. I just need help, I hope someone can tell me how I can install the GT 430's drivers fine and NVIDIA Audio drivers (if I have to) and still use my Realtek Audio without my system having a conflict with NVIDIA and Realtek audio drivers.

What I have been told to fix this (via Steam): use older drivers via from the CD. - But I wanna know what you people here at TechSupportGuy think. :D

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I would try going to device manager and disabling the HDMI device. Also, do nvidia drivers not give you an option to go advanced during install? If so, choose not to install the HDMI driver.

At that point, your onboard should work.

3. Twizzle-The-Fox

Hmm, what if I told you I did and when I go to Device Manager (by NOT installing it's HD Audio Driver) it will show 4 lines of Unknown Device under "Unknown Devices" (which is the 4 lines of NVIDIA HD Audio Driver)

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

OK, but does your onboard work with them disabled?

5. Twizzle-The-Fox

I'm using my old card 7600GS and it works fine with my audio, if that's what your asking, I disabled Nvidia's Audio under Device Manager and it still conflicted, It's very frustrating lol, Damn you Nvidia!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice