1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Error Code 43

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JakePhipps, Sep 23, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. JakePhipps

JakePhipps Thread Starter

After downloading the latest drivers from NVDIA I received an Error Code 43. I have reinstalled the updated drivers, tried going back to the older driver, downloaded the newest windows 10 update, and updated everything on my PC but with no luck of escaping this Error Code. Can anything be done.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. JakePhipps

I am not super computer savy. What do you mean the windows drivers. I am running on the default graphics card now ( Intel(R) HD Graphics 530) and everything is updated on it and it works... I have watched YouTube videos on it trying to figure it out too.. when I go to the GeForce Experience it will never ending update. I have done it at the very least 10 times now.. its like the Device manager is saying I have A GTX 1070 installed but it just isn't taking the drivers

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Delete GeForce Ecperience.....you don't need it "AT ALL". It's just bloatware, IMO.

If you still have the Nvidia driver installed.....use DDU to uninstall it. There is a tutorial/guide in the link......highly recommend going through it.

Once that is done; if you have the install media for you 1070, use that to install your provided driver. Or go to Nvidia directly for the correct driver.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

After you download the new driver, be sure you check the box for a clean install. This removes all previous settings. I never install nvidia experience.

6. JakePhipps

I ran the DDU and then install the 1070 media. As soon as I restarted I got an Error Code 43 again.

7. JakePhipps

I also deleted Geforce Experience and tried the clean install as well. Still nothing...

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not do a system restore to a date prior to messing with the video driver? After the restore, you can remove Gforce experience. Unless the new driver has something you need or a fix for a specific game/software, there really is no need to update a driver that is working fine.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  9. lynx1021

lynx1021

What is the exact model and brand of your GTX1070? What are your PC specs ? Try reseating your card and check the power connectors ( with the power off of course)

10. JakePhipps

GP104M (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070) and I use the Alienware SupportAssist App to run tests and scans on it. Everything says it is working fine but I still have the Error Code 43. Old drivers don't fix the issue, New ones don't ether, I restored my system to factory and that worked until it automatically installed drivers for the software and Error Code 43 came back. Another thing I noticed when I start it up in Safe Mode it appears to work fine as well.... I also ran the Reimage Repair app just as a hail marry lol.. 20 bucks wasted.. so I have ran out of ideas..

11. jagsthecat

jagsthecat

If it's an Alienware system, are you using the graphic drivers from their support pages rather than from Nvidia?

They tend to be slightly modified versions that will play nicer with your hardware.

12. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

That is not a brand. Need the actual manufacturer name....ie EVGA, Asus, Gigagbyte, MSI, Zotac and so on.

13. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I mean that if you simply uninstall the nVidia drivers and reboot, Windows will automatically install the generic "Windows" driver for the hardware. If the card is actually functional, it will work with the Windows driver.

If it won't work with the generic driver, Windows is borked or the card is faulty.

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

An error that occurs after the driver install is indicative of a hardware problem. The card is not stressed at all until after the driver install. My guess is either the card has failed or you have a pw problem ie failing pw supply.
    As a simple test, boot into the bios. Monitor your voltages [12V, 5V, and 3.3V values] for a few min. If you see a low 12V rail OR you see voltages going up and down, that points at a failing pw supply. Note the only voltage that is supposed to vary is vcore or cpu voltage.
    If the voltages are within limits and rock steady, I would try another video card as a second test.

If you want to find the problem, you are going to have to test in a systematic manner.

15. lynx1021

lynx1021

It could be windows 10 keeps installing the wrong drivers, It has been known to do that. The card may be a special dell version and like jagsthecat said and it needs to come from them.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice